[8 servings] / Serving Size = 1 cup
3 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) cauliflower florets
2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) broccoli florets
1½ cups cooked red kidney beans or 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
½-1 cup sliced large pitted olives
2 green onions, sliced
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1½ Tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon dried basil (optional)
Salt to taste (optional)
1. Wash all vegetables. Trim or peel as needed. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
3. In a small jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.
4. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir to coat vegetables.
5. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 4 hours to marinate, tossing occasionally. Add salt to taste (no more than ¼ teaspoon), if desired.